Residential Architects in Sydney- Asking the right questions
Thinking about hiring a residential architect in Sydney? Chances are you might already have short listed a few architects whose work and designs have impressed you. Once you have a list of people you might like to interview, you need to make sure you ask them the right questions. This would help you make the correct decision of whom you should hire for designing your house. Keep the following things in mind when interviewing residential architects in Sydney.
Questions to ask a residential architect
Once you find yourself in an architect’s office, you have a chance to know whether they are a good fit for you or not. Start by asking them the following questions.
- What kind of experience do they poses in building and residential projects? Keep in mind that architects specialise in designing different kind of residential homes, there are those who can build two or three storey homes in an impeccable way, while others are more apt at designing smaller condos. Make sure you ask them whether they have any experience in designing the kind of home which you have in mind.
- How long would it take them to build or design a home like yours? Architects are busy people. Though they can take up a number of projects at the same time, if you are in a hurry you need someone who might finish the work in the time limit you have in mind. Anyone who might take longer might not be your first choice. This is why make sure that they are free enough to get your home designed in a short time limit. If not, you could always turn to someone else.
- Get to know how they plan to charge you. Whether they would charge you once the design is complete or you might have to pay an hourly fee. It all really depends upon the kind of budget you have in mind. No everyone would charge the same for a similar project. This is why choose someone who would work in your budget but also don’t be swayed by someone who charge a great deal less. Maybe the work is not really up to the mark and you might regret that decision. Keep in mind that a home is a big investment. A well designed home has a better resale value as well. Choose an architect wisely and not just because they charge less when compared to other architects in Sydney.
- How do they plan to communicate with you? Whether you can talk to them over the phone or would they rather schedule a few meetings in person to help you take look at the development process
- Could they suggest the right contractors to implement the designs? This is crucial because once the designs ready it is a matter of implementing the design which comes across as the major thing. An architect would be able to suggest the right contractors for the job.