An outdoor space can become enjoyable and livable throughout the year by using awnings. Awnings Gold Coast is the way to go when you want the decks and patios of your home to become dining, relaxing or entertaining areas in all kinds of weather.
Awnings have you covered whether you want to relax outdoors during rainy days or want to be protected from the UV rays during hot days.
Installing awnings provide a huge advantage to businesses such as restaurants and cafes. Customers always love the alfresco dining experience which is provided by awnings.
Other than allowing you to enjoy the view indoors and outdoors, your outdoor furniture and window frames also get extra protection from awnings.
But, what are the best awnings to go for?
Installing awnings in your home can bring dramatic results to the overall look. This makes it doubly important to choose the right one. Here are timely guidelines that can choose awnings perfect for what you need.
The size of your outdoor space and the purpose are the determinants for choosing the right size of awnings. A bigger-sized awning will be the right choice for bigger outer spaces that needs more shade and better coverage. A decorative piece to make a small space look lovely needs a smaller-sized awning.
The overall look of a business or home should be considered when choosing a colour. Going for a colour that complements the look of a business or home is the way to go. Choosing a colour that complements the interiors is also good.
Choose lighter colours if the purpose of the awning is to reflect and block heat and sunlight. Or opt for a colour and style that flows seamlessly from your indoors to your outdoors.
The varied styles of awnings are meant to match the overall decor and theme of a business or home. The most popular awning styles include:
- Semi-circular entrance
- Dome style
- Gable walkway
- Standard open or closed sides
- Quarter barrel
- Double bar standard
Talk to a blinds company about the best awning style suited for the style of your home or business.
Complementing the design of the home and maintenance are determined by the chosen material for the awning.
Aluminium and outdoor fabric are commonly used materials for awnings.
- Aluminium awnings are stronger but limited in colours and designs
- Outdoor fabrics are more high-maintenance compared to aluminium types. However, they are available in a variety of colours to suit every taste, preference, and home design.
Awnings come in different types, to include:
- Retractable are adjustable awnings that are best used for decks and patios. However, they are not hardy enough to withstand snow, heavy rains, and strong winds. Bad weather means retracting the awnings if you want them to stay with you for a long time.
- Freestanding awnings are popularly used for terraces, decks, and patios. They are best used for separating areas which can make it a great choice if you entertain a lot.
Scouting around the different blinds companies becomes easier when you know the type of awning you want for your home. Be sure to install the correct awning for your Gold Coast property.